Network Connectivity

Wired Internet

RHPCS runs a DHCP service for wall jacks in ABB. In order for your computer to connect to the McMaster network via wired connection, please contact RHPCS with the following pieces of information:

  • your full name and status (i.e., post-doc, graduate, etc.)
  • your department and supervisor's name, if applicable
  • your machine's MAC address (how do I find this?)
  • room number and wall jack ID where you wish to plug into

Wireless Internet

Please connect to the Mac-WiFi network.

The Physics and Astronomy department used to manage their own WiFi access points. These have been decommissioned.

You will need to authenticate to the Mac-WiFi network, using your MACID and associated password.

If you have any issues connecting, please contact the UTS help desk, as they manage and maintain this infrastructure.

If you have access to a wired connection, it is recommended to use that. Wired connection is faster and more reliable. Please note, if you have both wired and wireless connection, only use one at a time. To request wired connection for your laptop computer, see the Wired Internet section above.

Add comment

You can add a comment by filling out the form below. Plain text formatting. Web and email addresses are transformed into clickable links. Comments are moderated.