Wired Networks

Wired networks at McMaster University require that your machine be registered with one of the following:

  • UTS-managed DHCP service (campus-wide)
  • RHPCS-managed DHCP service (specific departments)

To register with the UTS-managed DHCP service, please contact UTS.

Some departments use the RHPCS-managed DHCP service to assign IP addresses. To register your device to this service, please contact RHPCS with the following pieces of information:

  • your full name and status (i.e., post-doc, graduate, etc.)
  • your department and supervisor's name, if applicable
  • your machine's MAC address (how do I find this?)
  • room number and wall jack ID where you wish to plug into
Add comment

You can add a comment by filling out the form below. Plain text formatting. Web and email addresses are transformed into clickable links. Comments are moderated.